||Bonnieux, between heaven and earth.
The 425 m high church, half roman, half gothic, dominates the village.
This perched village is enjoying the most spectacular sights, and can be considered as one of the most beautiful villages in the Luberon.
Going for a walk in its small streets is a pleasant discovery.
Bonnieux is an old pontifical city. Its properous past from roman times to middle-age is well preserved with traced throughout the village.
As you wander from the Bastide you will easily find :
- 2 bakeries
- a butcher
- a grocery shop
- a drugstore
- A doctor's practice, a nurse, a dentist and a physiotherapist
- Several shops of decoration and crafts, art and antiques galleries, books and newspapershop
- more then ten restaurants, cafés or bistrots
- several hotels and bed-and-breakfast guesthouse
- taxi, postoffice, policestation and tourist office
- mountain bikes to rent, 3 public tenniscourts and 'jeu de boules'
- the bakery-museum
- local cultural center
- weekly local market on Friday morning
Here the Provençal atmosphere conjugates with a pure and protected nature.
The period of sunshine is there exceptional and the sky pureness is legendary.
Enjoy outside activities: trekking, riding, climbing, mountain biking, golf, tennis and swimming.
You can also explore the rich historical heritage, enjoy live and intensive culture or Appreciate the mediterranean atmosphere in big cities as Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, or even the see side, all on short distance !
(Avignon and Aix 45 mn, the seaside at 1h15 m, Marseille Airport at 1h and highway at 35m)
Pour en savoir plus, visiter : www.luberon-news.com